This week was less productive than I had intended it to be in terms of the honours project due to illness. I didn't feel up to creating some of the bigger assets so instead produced some smaller ones to make the scene appear more busy/lived in. A list of what changes I have made to my honours project are listed below:
- Desk Lamp
- Plugs & Cables
- Cardboard Boxes
- Video Tapes
- Paintings + Photographs
- These new textures are paintings/photographs/tapestry at my grandparents house. The paintings are done by my grandfather.
- TV Box + Screens (Off and On)
- Desk Lamp
- TV can be turned on and off using the "interact" button
- I have animated the lights in the fireplace to emulate the flickering of the flames. I am still not too happy with how it was animated, but I now know the process and can alter it at a later date.
Gallery of Updates:
Video of TV:
I have started working on a script for Forget-Me-Knot. I am still trying to decide the manner in which the key story beats will be conveyed, either narrated as a story or as the current thoughts of the character. Once I am happy with the script I will post it on my blog. Currently I feel it requires more work before I will upload it.
As previously mentioned, I felt that this week's productivity was heavily hampered by being ill. I hope that for this coming week I will be able to complete this list of models as I feel that these items will make the scene look considerably fuller. I intend to work more on my dissertation (gathering data and making a concrete framework) in the next coming weeks, so progress with the honours project will slow down.
A lot of the assets on the list from the previous week have returned to be on this week's list.
- Book Case
- Record Sleeves
- Update record player texture
- Create textures for above assets